Colin Biggers Paisley Lawyers is looking to appoint a full-time career Insurance Paralegal within their busy team. You will be directly reporting to the partner and responsible for all drafting correspondence and legal reports, liaising, communicating with clients and other parties, negotiating settlements and genuine file management from instructions to completion
Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 450 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership.
- Manage team court dates and diary entries;
- Document collation (counsel briefs, expert briefs, discovery documents, tender bundles);
- Searches including historical company and business name searches;
- Coordinate monthly client billing;
- Coordinate quarterly client reporting;
- Prepare correspondence and court documents (predominantly subpoenas) to a high standard and in compliance with our style guide;
- Coordinate court return dates for subpoenas and production collation of documents;
- Accurately collate and photocopy all attachments to letters and/or documents;
- Use CBP's document management system to accurately save and retrieve all documents and emails on a daily basis in line with filing procedure;
- Organise and prioritise workload, be flexible, work autonomously and to tight timeframes;
- Communicate effectively with all members of CBP, clients and service providers;
- Respect and enhance CBP's culture and align with CBP's strategic goals
- Extensive insurance litigation experience;
- Experience with complex billing and client reporting;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience meeting financial targets and recording time;
- Ability to multitask, manage deadlines and handle high volumes of matters;
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.We offer an environment where our values of Balance, Respect, Loyalty and Integrity guide all of our actions. We continually invest in our people, providing training, learning and support, a formal mentoring program and promoting a social and connected environment.
We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, massages and professional memberships.At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.A willing, happy, flexible and enthusiastic personality.